Setting Focus and Target Positions
Description: Setting Focus and Target Positions helps to quickly slew to a focusing star and then get back on target quickly. If you're using automated focusing there is no need to setup the target and focus frames as Sequence Generator Pro will use your target position for computing focus.
To set the Focus and Target Positions you can use either the Control Panel or the Focus Target Module
Above: Focus Control Panel
Above: Focus Target Module
To setup the Focus and Target Positions first connect a telescope/mount to Sequence Generator Pro:
- Slew to the Focus Position
- Click the "Set Focus Position" (if using the module click "Focus Position")
- Slew to the Target Position
- Click the "Set Target Position" (if using the module click "Focus Position")
To use these settings:
- When you need to focus click "Goto Focus"
- Once you've finished focusing click "Goto Target"
When using this method, it can often be helpful to set manual focus reminders. These will allow you to set triggers that pause the sequence and allow you to refocus prior to continuing.