Connecting and Setting Options:
Observatories are selected and connected on the Sequence Window in the equipment group box.
Observatories are in the "Extended" equipment list and as such you will need to click the down arrow below the telescope to access the connection settings.
Options can be set when the observatory is in a disconnected state by clicking the icon. These options will vary by manufacturer. This properties dialog is generally where the COM port is specified as well as other device dependent information.
To connect the observatory click on the connection icon . Once connected the icon will change , click this icon to disconnect.
Observatory Control Panel:
- Azimuth: The current azimuth that the dome shutter is located at. If your observatory is a roll off roof or does not provide the ability to slew in azimuth this value with be "NA"
- Shutter: The current state of the shutter or roof
- Left & Right Arrows: If your observatory can slew in azimuth these arrows will be available. The center number is the amount of degrees to slew in one click.
- Close Shutter: Closes the shutter or roof.
- Open Shutter: Opens the shutter or roof
- Goto: If your observatory can slew in azimuth this option will be enabled and will bring up the dialog below in which you can slew the azimuth to a specific angle:
- Sync: If your observatory can slew in azimuth this option will be enabled and will bring up the dialog below in which you can sync the dome azimuth to a specific angle:
- Stop: Issues a command to the dome to stop all movement immediately. Depending on your dome's implementation this functionality may vary.
- Slave to telescope: When checked, the dome will be moved to keep the telescope looking through the slit of the dome. This needs to be setup using the Slave Settings dialog.
- At Home to Open / Close: Because some domes only provide power to the shutter while in the home position, the observatory can be instructed to attempt shutter open / close operations only while in this position.