Sequence Generator Pro, when used with PHD2 or better can provide you the ability to perform an automated meridian flip. This function can be run manually, by clicking a single button or you can let the sequence decide if it needs to run a flip based on settings you provide.
A Brief Summary of Automatic Meridian Flips
- Take an image, solve it and then sync the telescope
- Stop auto guiding: Simply sends a command to PHD2 requesting a stop.
- Flip the mount: Send a signal to the mount to flip sides. This is based on input that provides the number of degrees past or before (negative values) the meridian to invoke a meridian flip during a sequence. Not all telescopes allow for setting of SideOfPier. For these telescopes it is best to always use a positive value. For details take a look at the telescope control panel page.
- Perform auto centering (optionally): Performs a precision centering to ensure that your target is still centered on the other side of the mount.
- Restart guiding: Send a command to PHD2 to automatically select a guide star and resume guiding.
The Meridian Flip Status Window