Connecting and Setting Options:
Flat Boxes are selected and connected on the Sequence Window in the equipment group box.
Flat Boxes are in the "Extended" equipment list and as such you will need to click the down arrow below the telescope to access the Flat Box connection settings.
Options can be set when the flat box is in a disconnected state by clicking the icon. These options will vary by manufacturer. This properties dialog is generally where the COM port is specified as well as other device dependent information.
To connect the flat box click on the connection icon . Once connected the icon will change , click this icon to disconnect.
Flat Box Control Panel:
- Brightness Slider: Allows you to manually set the brightness of the flat box
- Shutter Control: Allows you to manually open and close the flat box (on supported models)
- Prompt to place flat box: If this option is checked, SGPro will pause the sequence and prompt you to place your flatbox before commencing with flats.
- Adjust flat box settings per filter: This part of the control panel allows you to manually manipulate your flatbox settings. It does not adjust how your flatbox behaves during a sequence. In order to adjust those parameters, click this link. You will then be presented with the standard filter wheel setup dialog. Find the filter you would like to adjust and click the "Flats" button:
When you click the "Flats" button you will see a dialog like this:
From here, you can enter the flat box's brightness for that filter at a particular binning. These are the settings that will be used by the sequence when it is running. For example, if you are having the sequence capture flats for the red filter at 2x2, both the exposure length and flatbox brightness need to be set in this dialog for that filter. Keep in mind that once you have this data, you should save it into an equipment profile so that you do not continually need to fill these forms out prior to a sequence.
- For flat boxes that implement a shutter (i.e. the Alnitak Flip Flat) the flat box will be automatically closed and powered on for sequences that contain flats and have been through the Flats Calibration Wizard. In addition, these types of flatboxes will automatically close their shutter when a sequence ends.
- Selecting "Manual Flat Box" will prompt you to install/remove the flat box for sequences which contain flats. Also if you have previously used the Flats Calibration Wizard you can also store brightness values for your flat box.