Camera Temperature Control (TEC)
Description: Allows setting and controlling the CCD cooler for cameras that are equipped with a TEC. All values are in degrees Celsius. For more information see the camera.
Note: If your camera has a cooler but it is not regulated then the only options available will be "On" and "Off". If your camera does not have a cooler at all all these options will not be available.
- Temperature Display: Displays the following information: Current CCD Temperature / Current Set Temperature (Current Power Level of TEC)
- Cooler: Allows for turning the cooler on and off.
- Set To X in Y: Allows setting the regulated temperature to X degrees Celsius. The CCD will be cooled to that temperature in Y minutes. If the time is set to 0 then the TEC will attempt to reach the set temperature in the shortest time span possible. Cooling down and warming up over a larger window of time allows for less thermal shock on the CCD and can help to increase the life of your camera.
- Cool Down: Will start the camera cool down process as defined in the control panel.
- Warm Up: Will start the camera warm up process as defined in the control panel. (Note: The camera is not able to warm above ambient so this value should be fairly representative of the ambient temperature).
- Abort: Stops the current Cool Down or Warm Up process.